Friday, March 7, 2008

It wasn't just the money

I love these colors, if only I could change the logo.....





close enuf

newsflash from rivals.com

Before the news broke in the national media, Terrelle Pryor, a star quarterback from Jeanette, Pa., told Rivals.com national recruiting analyst Mike Farrell that Rodriguez was heading to the Wolverines.

"Add Michigan to my list," Pryor said early Sunday afternoon. "Rich Rod is headed to Michigan. I just spoke to him earlier this morning and he told me he's gone."

"We talked at 10 a.m. this morning and I told him Michigan just got on my list," Pryor told the AP on Sunday night.

Hmmm......

That's a true class act to discuss this with a recruit before meeting with his own team.

However, due to the fact that Rich Rod (as the 18 yr old phenom calls him) borrowed a cell phone from his good friend Houston Nutt, I have used the FOIA to obtain a transcript of that conversation.

RR "Son, we'd really like to have you at West Virginia. This is my hometown. I love this program. I'd give my life for my team. You'd really like it here. We have plans for a Hall of Heroes and you could be the first person inducted."

Pryor "Coach, I like your offense, but all of the recruiting services say that I deserve a bigger stage. I really like Coach Oscar Mayer down in Florida."

RR "Son, Oscar Mayer is a hot dog. Or Bologna. The Coach at Florida's name is Urban, and although he may fit that description..........let's not get off track. Are you saying that there's no way you will come to WVA?"

Pryor "Sorry, Coach, I just can't see myself playing in the Big East. I want TV time that isn't on Thursday nights."

RR " Well, I guess that's settled........wait a minute, the Michigan coaching job's open. Big stage...check. ABC/ESPN kissin your ass at every opportunity.......check. Ridiculously easy conference........check. Would you play there?"

Pryor "I haven't given Michigan any thought. You think that you could get that job?"

RR "At this point they'll take anybody. I'll just make some promises that we'll beat Ohio State and it's a done deal"

Pryor "Well, coach, I can't guarantee anything, but if you took that job, I'll at least put Michigan on my list"

RR "That's good enough for me then. I've got a couple of calls to make. Talk to ya later."

No comments: