Monday, March 24, 2008

A Fragment of My Imagination

.........or is it?

Is it just my opinion, or do the fans of tOSU have a major complex when it comes to the SEC? On any SEC related thread or message board, it seems that at least one true blue Buckeye will become extremely irate to the point of being hostile. Of course, that's half the fun of message boards. I fully understand tOSU and UM throwing barbs at each other and I'll admit, they show absolutely no mercy towards each other (that adds up to great family fun). I just can't see the extreme dislike for the SEC.

In the 100+ years of OSU football, they've only faced a SEC team 20 times. That's certainly not enough times to create any sort of rivalry. 9 of those games have been bowls.


Other than that minor blemish, their record is a stellar 7-2-2. How does it break down vs.

Alabama 0-3-0

Auburn 0-1-1

Florida 0-1-0

Georgia 0-1-0

Kentucky 3-0-0

LSU 1-1-1

South Carolina 0-2-0

Tennessee 0-1-0

Vandy 3-1-0

They haven't played Arkansas, Ole Miss, and Miss St.

While I'm pretty sure tOSU's AD doesn't regularly receive calls from his SEC counterparts requesting a regular season home-and-home, I'm just as certain that he doesn't have any of our AD's on speed dial either (with maybe the exception of KY and Vandy).

I feel better now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In my opinion, this isn't a rivalry over specific games as much as it's a rivalry over true college football domination. Ohio State and the Big 10 would like to think of themselves as the #1 conference in football, but because of the SEC are unable to. So they take every possible opportunity to try and bash em.

(pretty pathetic)

Go Dawgs!