Wednesday, April 9, 2008

gameCOCKY

I don't get around to all the SEC articles, posts, & blogs as much as I'd like.....and I should be ashamed. But when I do get to catch up, I try to concentrate on the UGA posts first and foremost, then I'll drift around to see what's goin on in the rest of the college football world.

Here's something that I've found to be as certain as death & taxes. When there's a story on UGA, there will be some South Carolina fans puttin' their two cents in. 16-12, 16-12, 16-12.......yeah, we get it. South Carolina won a football game. Be proud. Puff out the ol' chest. And shut the f*** up.

Scary.....very scary

I know that pre-season expectations are high every year in Columbia. The Ol' ballcoach has you believing that you're going to be contenders. He's convinced the University to allow....uhh.....academically challenged atheletes to enroll. He's convinced the State Department of Parole to allow your prize QB to stay on the team. There's no reason not to be optimistic.




USC Fun Facts:
  • 14-44-2 vs. UGA.....really pitiful. But 16-12, 16-12
  • 37-64-4 vs. Clem[p]son.......2nd best in the state is something to hang your hat on
  • 17-24-3 vs. DUKE.....I thought I'd throw that one in because (a) it's hilarious and (b) it's true
  • 0 SEC Championships in 16 tries
  • 0 SEC East Championships in 16 tries
  • 0 National Championships in 101 tries
  • 13 Bowl Appearances overall
  • 4-9 Bowl Record overall
  • 0 Appearances in Rose, Orange, Sugar, Fiesta, Cotton Bowls
  • definitely not the best team with the initials USC
  • 7+ win seasons since 1960......11
  • 8+ win seasons since 1960......5
  • 9+ win seasons since 1960......1
  • 10+ win seasons since 1960....1 (1984 was a damn fine year)
  • 10+ win seasons all time.........1

But, never fear. This year will be the year of the Cock just like 1984.

5 comments:

dean said...

Wasn't '84 the year they were undefeated and lost to Navy, who hadn't won a game?
For a football program that's accomplished absolutely nothing they have the worst fans of any of our opponents. Well them and Tech but the nerds do have some tradition on their side.
I live in SC, have my whole life, and most rational USuCk fans I talk to know they got away with one in Athens last year. Bobo was still growing into OC role and we didn't use Moreno nowhere near enough. Had we played their sorry a$$e$ later on in the year "We'd ah put ah half-a-hundred on'em" as the Ol' ball coach says.

jacksrbettor said...

hehe...yup, undefeated with wins over UGA, Notre Dame, and FSU.

Got busted by Navy and capped it off with a bowl loss to OK ST.

jholmes9 said...

"0 Apperances in Rose, Orange, Sugar, Fiesta, Cotton Bowls"
I believe that should be "Appearances"
Otherwise, good article

Anonymous said...

It's nice to see dawg brothers being courteous enough to give each other the reach around. Gooooo National Champs!!!

jacksrbettor said...

Don't shoot the messenger, I just presented the facts.